3rd UAE International Chopin Competition for piano students and amateur pianists Abu Dhabi 2014
celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Poland and UAE
3rd UAE International Chopin Competition for piano students and amateur pianists Abu Dhabi 2014 will be held in National Theatre Abu Dhabi.
- Wednesday 10.12.2014 – Opening Ceremony & Gala Concert
- Friday & Saturday 12. & 13.12.2014 – Competition
- Wednesday 17.12.2014 – Award Ceremony & Winners Concert
Conditions Of Participant
1. The Competition is open to piano students and young amateur pianists of all nationalities living in the UAE - UAE nationals and resident visa holders.
2. Amateur Declaration – participants, with sign on application form, confirm not holding of any Conservatoire, Music Academy/University Diploma or Graduation Certificate.
3. Application Form to download here
4. Deadline for registration – 11.11.2014 on email:email@example.com
Category 1 – up to 9/10 yrs, time limit 3’ – 7’ minutes
Category 2 – up to 11/12 yrs, time limit 4’ – 9’ minutes
Category 3 – up to 14/15 yrs, time limit 6’ – 14’ minutes
Category 4 – up to 18/19 yrs, time limit 8’ – 16’ minutes
Category 5 – over 20 yrs, time limit 10’ – 25’ minutes
Category 6 “Junior Beginners” – up to 14 yrs, max 3 yrs of study, time limit 4’ – 10’
Category 7 “Senior Beginners” – over 15 yrs, max 3 yrs of study, time limit 6’ – 14’
The age limit is calculated as of 31.12.2014.
Organization Committee has the right to settle age limit of Categories due to number of participants.
Each candidate must play two or more pieces – original music for Piano Solo or Piano & Orchestra (accompany on 2nd piano).
1. One piece by Frederic Chopin is obligatory for all candidates, except Category 1.
2. Candidates in Category 1 have free choice of repertoire.
3. The second piece must be in different character or by different composer than the first.
4. Total time of all pieces must be in between the time limits of the relevant category. The jury has the right to stop a performance exceeding the time limit.
5. Playing by memory is not an obligation. An extra person to turn pages is not allowed.
Awards and Certificates will be presented to participants during the Award Ceremony.
Every participant will receive a certificate and souvenir of participation.
Prize money for 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize will be awarded by MCYCD.
Special prizes for the best Chopin performance and other special prizes will be awarded by Embassy of The Republic of Poland in Abu Dhabi in collaboration with Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
All awards will be decided by the jury. The decision of the jury is final.
All chosen awarded candidates are obliged to perform on Winners Concert 17.12.2014
Organization Committee will announce the exact timing for each category after receiving all applications.
All candidates will have a chance for rehearsal time in National Theatre.
The possibility of warm up will be in Piano Center MCYCD – Culture Center.
All audio and video recordings made during the competition are reserved by organizers for the use of their need.